I think I'm getting sick. My body is screaming for me to lie down and sleep. I have that tickle under the nose-in the back of the throat thing that I always get before I get a cold.
But of course, I can't sleep - skating today, plus a meeting, plus Dale has to curl and it is Joelle's birthday.
Joelle is now home sick from school. She went this morning (against mom's advice, but hey, the seven year old wanted to go hear her name on the announcements and receive her trip to the birthday present bag). We came home early yesterday after Joelle woke up about 1 a.m. on Sunday throwing up. Cleaning that up in a hotel room is horrible. We ended up calling some nice security man who brought a garbage bag to put all the sullied bedlinen in.
So, I cuddled Joelle on the couch until 3 or so, when she threw up again, and then again at 5 I think, and at 8...not sure what she had, but it got to the point where I couldn't even smell it anymore. I guess it was a good job we had the suite - there was extra bedlinen on the medieval torture machine (aka the sofabed) that we used Saturday night. Up until that point, the trip had been pretty good! I thought the pool was really crowded, but it was shallow enough that Joelle could go without her lifejacket, so that was good.
Well, I still have to study - have a midterm scheduled for tomorrow morning, so I'd better hop to it.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ARG... I can't believe how badly the weekend turned out in the end. Poor Joey... poor you. I'm glad that some good memories were made! Best wishes on the midterm tomorrow!
It's too bad that smell is better remembered than most other senses. Good luck on the test! And happy birthday to my God-Daughter!
Oh poor sweet Joey! Please tell her that "Auntie Kim says....that if you are sick on your birthday, it doesn't count - the next day can be your birthday too!" What a good mom you are L, Try to take care of yourself, even just a tiny bit? Hope you all feel better soon, and good luck on your exam! Kim:)
Post a Comment