As I'm doing the books today I noticed my small cat wander by with a spot on her leg. So, being a caring pet owner, I actually got up and looked. Okay, the fact that I was stuck on another one of those "what category does that fall into - it says 3/8 PVC hyd." had nothing to do with it. Much. But, I digress.
Anyway, sometime in the last day or so, Pixie Belle has been feisty with the "outdoor" cats. I hesitate to use the term "neighbour" cats, as they are neither neighbourly nor would they be claimed by our next door resident, so we'll just leave it as "outdoor" cat.
Ah. The spot is a wound. I can deal with wounds. Why she has to get one when we're planning on going away for a week (and leaving her in the somewhat sporadic visitation care of Grandpa) is beyond me. But, I looked, it seemed okay while she was standing.
On my next "what piece of equipment did we purchase hose & fittings for" break, I looked while she was lying down. By this time, Dale had run off on errands. And the wound was yucky. I'll spare the details, but it just didn't look good. So, online I went. Funny, there are websites that deal with this...how handy!
The reputable Vet site I went to suggested that I clean the wound, put polysporin on it and dress it tightly. But not so tightly that you cut off circulation to the limb. Have you ever tried to take the pedis pulse of a cat???? Uh, we just made sure she could move.
Okay. Time for help. Charlotte was recruited - handy little nurse type kid. She petted the small cat while I cut the fur away from the icky wound, put the polysporin on (which was weird, 'cause it was still a bit furry), put the gauze on (thank goodness for the well stocked first aid kit) and put on the tape that I'd bought specially for Dale when his knee was bad because it doesn't stick to hair. See, nice pet owner...
Lasted 10 minutes.
Went to Charlotte's bed and there was the little Pixie, looking guilty. Odd expression for Pixie - hadn't seen that one before. But, that hind leg was bare. So, out comes the first aid kit again. Double taped the dressing this time. The rotten animal was at it before I left the room.
So, being practical, I went for my tool kit.
My dear parents in law had given me wrenches for Christmas (as I had requested) and the pink duct tape to identify said wrenches. I'm tired of losing my tools to the various vehicles and shops around this farm. So, when I go for my duct tape, it is neon pink.
Poor cat, I think she might be embarrassed.
The funniest part is that Charlotte couldn't figure out who did this to her poor pet. First she thought it was Mindy, but somehow, she still managed to cuddle and pet Mindy, even though she thought the big cat had hurt the little one. Interesting. Dale tells me that tonight, when Joelle asked what happened, Charlotte had got it straight and the tone of voice referring to the "neighbour cats" was very telling.
Don't worry, we'll take the tape off before we leave. Wouldn't want Grandpa to laugh at her too!
2 comments:
Hey Sis,
This was way too funny. You used duct tape on your cat. Pink duct tape. Will wonders never cease? Thanks for the laugh today. I needed it :)
HA! Awesome repair job. You could also have stapled a lampshade around her head.
Post a Comment