Friday, March 7, 2008

Morning...early, early morning

I fell asleep on the couch last night. That isn't odd - I often find the droning voices on the TV are enough to put me out. But, for whatever reason, I woke up to a TVography about Buffy the Vampire Slayer at 2:30 a.m. or so.
That actually was okay too. Needed to wrap a certain 5 year old's birthday gifts, so I gradually worked into that. At least I was relatively certain that she wasn't likely to walk in on me...tough to get some of this stuff done when she's home all day, every day.
So I'm just finishing up when Joelle comes out of her bedroom and says "I have a nosebleed!" Yes, it was a gusher. But again, this wasn't even too bad. Joelle woke up with a better attitude - she was her cheerful self again. I'm not sure if it is because Chantelle is coming over tomorrow, or because she's excited for her little sister's birthday, or if the sight of blood actually moved her mind off of what was bugging her. I'm just glad that we've moved the black cloud from her head...however it happened. A little laundry - pooh - that's nothing.
Charlotte is goofy today, that's pretty much expected. But I'm glad she's excited - often dull here when we don't have skating days. And, when we did the annual "growth" check, Charlotte is actually taller than Joelle was at 5, so Charli is pretty excited about that too. Both of them grew 3 inches this year. No wonder we can't keep in clothes!
Anyway, I'd better run - Dale is looking for stuff, so if I don't want my piles moved, I'd better get looking too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mornings... ah... how I wish that mornings did not come so quickly. How I wish that it was easy to get out of them. :) It's great that you were productive but - 2:30?! That can't be good, girl! Yikes.