So here is cake #2 - another fairy princess.
Birthday season is complete for another year! Yay!
Now, today:
I officially hate the time change.
I woke up yesterday with it, I know. I had a very productive sewing day - I started at 9 a.m. and finished around midnight. However, when the alarm rang this morning, everyone in the house felt like it was 6 a.m.
Charlotte slept right through it. I wasn't so lucky. Joelle accused me of poking her in the eye while doing her hair (I'm sure I didn't). Coffee is helping, but I can't have too much today - my regularly scheduled blood donor appointment is this afternoon. And too much coffee will pop my blood pressure up (but hey, that makes for a quicker donation...) Dale has now gone back to bed. Somehow, I can't do that anymore. Fortunately, he takes the 7-7:18 shift while I get that last two whacks on the snooze bar.
I know, we'll get used to it. It will take about a week. But the time change signals the start of spring. It isn't my fault that the USA decided it needed to save energy money and bumped the date back. And that our government necessarily decided to follow. There is still over a foot of snow on the ground, and I feel like I should start gardening? That is just wrong.
Today's chores include: finishing off the ice show skirts (well, I'm not going to cut the threads - Nathalie and I sewed for 8 hours yesterday, I put in a few more Saturday and Sunday nights too, the other mothers in the group can cut the flipping little thready bits off); cutting the music for the ice show; coaching skating (I love being the substitute teacher. Really.) And I need to go visit elderly people in town, so I should probably take some baking. I guess I'd better get to work, even if I am still tired. Hope those of you in Ontario are enjoying spring break!
2 comments:
There's so much I want to say.... it will warrant a phone call. More than anything - LOVE THE CAKE! (sorry for shouting... just enthusiastic). you are one busy mama, though. When is your break? Let's run away to a tropical island where it's really Spring.
well aren't you a frikin' ray o sunshine.
When you visit we'll work on your pronunciation of the word no. Say it with me now: "N-O. no."
Awesome cake though. Maybe you should build Dale an Enterprise for his birthday...
Post a Comment