I am getting gray hairs.
Who can I blame for this? Not sure. The obvious choices plead innocence. But, nonetheless, I pick out my little gray hairs whenever I see them. At least I have that option - some of the more follicly deficient members of my family choose to let them lie (gray is better than none, I suppose.)
But, my hair. Always have had a poor working relationship with my hair. For the first 12 or so years, it was not pretty - mom always blamed that on the antibiotics I took for the ear infections. Then I grew it out. That was okay, but heavy. I have A LOT of hair. Always looked heavy too.
Then I had Joelle. So I cut it. And discovered I had curls/waves. Hair was good, even towards great. Good hair lasted...3 months. Having Charlotte wrecked the hair even further. It went "straight" - sort of.
And now it is gray, and coarse, and it reminds me of my dad's. Like my dad's, it does one thing really, really well. And nothing else. Just not fair - he at least got the red. And it isn't such a big deal to have the same hairdo everyday when you're a guy!
Anyway, I'm staring at a box of hair colour on my desk. Had no idea that there were that many choices to work with for "brown". Maybe I'll have time to put the 'hazelnut' back in my hair before the weekend. I guess I have to - I have to keep up with my mom... :-)
Dale is reading over my shoulder and has just yanked a long white hair. He says that I'm not going gray, heading straight to white! I'd better run - need to get started right away, I guess!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How did your hair dyeing go? Do you have a lovely mane of Hazelnut tresses? Do you feel different? I'm not sure about the gray (the world knows that my spirited first born has given me enough reasons to have them... I just haven't encountered any of yet), but I am frustrated with my hair. Always have been... always will be, I suppose. I have a gazillion products and now an expensive ceramic straightener to help me out. Has it helped? No because I don't have time to do anything anyway. I am jealous of the boys' short manes. Really.
Post a Comment