Thursday, March 20, 2008

peace and quiet

I am home alone. Charlotte is at nursery school (she was ready at 7:15 for the 9 a.m. start). Joelle is at school. Dale just went for a haircut.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
I can hear my fridge.
And the sound of the keys while I type.
I just realized that it isn't even this quiet at 3 a.m. At 3 a.m., I could hear 3 bodies in various states of snore. And then there were the cats. I think the cats are outdoors right now. Even the furnace is not on - it is just quiet.
I'll get up in a few minutes and make lunch and supper (might as well - Sparks/Brownies tonight, so we have early supper) and maybe clean up my kitchen. But for a few minutes, I'm going to enjoy a cup of joe and listen to absolutely nothing.

No comments: