I just got back from the Soccer organizational meeting. We had always said we wouldn't do Spring sports (too difficult with seeding etc.), but it looks like soccer is going to go for the spring in Hamiota and Joelle was being a real pest about it. So, I went.
Praise the Lord, looks like they might let Charlotte play too!
I went up to the coach to ask what sized ball they were going to use, and he suggested a size 3. I told him that I would just buy one myself and kick it around with Charlotte on the sidelines while Joelle was at practice - he took one look at me and said "let her try to play!"
Wasn't my idea not to - the Vice-President of the organization just finished getting up and saying "if your child wasn't 5 at the beginning of this year, they are too young."
I'm quite happy though - poor Charlotte has had a yucky year home with mom with nothing to do. If she doesn't listen or can't hack it, the executive said they would refund the registration fee, but I'm just thrilled that they're going to give her a chance!
We'll tell her about nursery school tomorrow after skating is done, so I expect to have a very excited 5 year old by the end of the day.
This makes up for yesterday, and I didn't even have to take a board position! My friend Evie is Treasurer, I offered my help to her personally, but she is well aware of my schedule and will only ask if she needs it. So I feel much, much better.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Because I love your daughters I will coach her, or even better, get our Italian neighbour to coach her when she's here.
No need for the poor kid to be made fun of...
Post a Comment