Saturday, March 15, 2008

ow, my head hurts

First of all, this is not self-inflicted as in a hangover. No, I don't think I'm dehydrated (but maybe- will look further into that.)
My head hurts because I am an idiot and cannot remember that humans need to eat. Actually, I really expected that the kitchen at the rink would be open (the kitchen lady has a daughter in skating, so I just presumed that they would be there and have it open). I took money to buy things for the girls and me. But no kitchen. Baba Shirley (one of Charlotte's teacher's grandmas) fed all of the executives' kids perogies, so they're okay. And Karen (another mom) supplied bananas for my girls - I'll reciprocate Monday when I pick up her kid.
I, on the other hand, just ate breakfast. Good breakfast though - cold pizza...
It was due to the two heads of hair I had to do today (and yes, I forgot to take pictures myself, again). Hopefully the professional shots turn out because the girls did look cute. Maybe Mom was smarter than I gave her credit for - not learning to do hair would have been a clever tactic!
Got up, had a coffee (with hairspray, I swear) and did up french braids on pretty little heads. Totally forgot about my hair. Then scooted to the rink really quickly since Charlotte was in the first group to have the pictures done and Joelle was in the last group. And, as usual, I had no time to get away - always seem to be running around after something there.
I had planned on having Dale come around to give a hand, but, no. He was curling. Sparing for someone on Erle's rink for the mixed spiel. He will have to show up tomorrow though. Somebody better watch this show!
The girls were good, I am fine now - but aiming for a migraine.
Oh well, get through tomorrow, have drinks afterwards and move on to the General Meeting on Monday. Oh, and Dale is curling in another bonspiel starting Monday, so no opportunity to be sick then. Maybe I'll have time for a migraine Tuesday. No, that's Soccer registration. Wednesday? No, skating windup, and I have to read to grade one. Thursday is Nursery School, Sparks/Brownies & Guides. I guess it will have to wait until Friday. Unless Dale curls...

1 comment:

Ken Horton said...

Wow Linda, I'm so sorry you're feeling icky. Have some wine, maybe that will help...

Have you tried being sick at night, while sleeping? I think that is how Mom does it...