Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter is too stinking early

Yes, I know, I have had the whole season of Lent to get ready.
I'm not ready. I would have had to have Sundays available (ie. not have 3 other things planned during church hours) to maybe have hurried me along. But this time of year is brutal for overscheduled Sundays.
Heck, the birthday decorations aren't down yet. Easter decorations are still in a box.
We finished skating on Wednesday. Skating stuff is not away yet.
Dale is still curling.
Joelle is up to her eyeballs in projects and special assignments, not to mention singing festival.
I'm up to the eyeballs in assignments for school, books and playing the piano (poorly, ask Joelle) for the same festival.
The winter renovations aren't even close to done.
No one can come to our house as you can't even get IN the guest room (never mind see the bed.) Laundry room, my room, the living room - all in about the same state.
I have to make buns for tomorrow's Little family gathering (that Dale will at best get to attend the supper portion of) and I'm quite full of cold. So I don't really feel up to cooking.
And it is snowing. The best thing that could happen to me right now (or tomorrow, I'm not picky) is that we got a huge dump of snow. Then I couldn't go anywhere for Saturday or Sunday and then, maybe then, I might be ready for Easter.
So to all of my organized family, I apologize. But this year, I am not doing a good job about Easter. Maybe next year...I'll have until April 12th...

No comments: