Joelle sang beautifully. As I expected her to - she does really quite well. She received an A for her first song, an A+ for her second.
As she puts it she "sang right over your mistakes, mom"...I could learn stuff from her. Her confidence is outstanding.
I, on the other hand, felt as if I were up on top of an unsecured ladder at the top of the highest bin we own. I didn't let anyone else come - really nasty of me, but I couldn't have handled it. Honestly, I never, in my life, remember being that scared. I trembled. I shook. I got through it. I played math games in my head - she's 1/4 through. Now we're 1/2. Now we're 3/4...I never have to play that song again. Thank God. It was a good job we were in a church - there was a lot of praying going on from me. This piano thing caused stage fright - actually, more like stage terror. It was horrible. I hope I never experience that again.
Dale says he's not going to let me play again. I keep telling him that I really didn't want to in the first place, and I won't EVER volunteer. But, like climbing bins, I may have to again someday. But only if my mommy can't come bail me out (of the piano bit, not the climbing bins. Don't think I'd like the granny to even attempt that...)
Then he suggested that he could have played for her. He tried out the right hand already today while we were at festival. I don't think I have used those words for a while...certainly not in front of the children...good job they had gone to play downstairs before I took Joelle back to school.
Anyway, Joelle is fine. She would love to sing again. She looks forward to tomorrow when she sings with her class.
I will go throw up now.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am soooooo proud of you - I do know how scary it is when you have to play a horrible piece. Perhaps next year we can be around to bail you out of this one. Not the bins - they terrify me!
Love you
W007 Linda! I had enough trouble SINGING in front of people, playing with my inability to maintain tempo or tune would have ruined me. Way to go, very brave of you. I hope you didn't show Joey any fear though, that scars kids.
Post a Comment