Thursday, February 28, 2008

I need ice cream

I need ice cream. Or chocolate, or wine. Dale finished the ice cream during "junk food turnoff" week. Guess he wasn't playing. I was playing, and I was really looking forward to a bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce tonight. Oh well.
I finished the wine last night. It was from Valentine's day, so it wasn't like I drank the whole bottle at once. And, as we're heading to the "city" tomorrow, it didn't seem sensible to buy a Hamiota bottle of wine (el cheapo) when we're going to leave right away. Besides, I would have had to go to town.
But, there seems to be a Dr. Oetker sample pack of cooked chocolate pudding in my pantry. And some milk to use up. And I think there might even be a wee bit of cool whip left in my aerosol can. So I'm okay. Just a minute, need to get it from the microwave.
Much better.
Hey, isn't the skin the best part of this? I don't know why people don't like the skin. It's kind of slimy, yes, but it is SO good.
If I go to town tomorrow, I'll pick up ice cream. There aren't many disadvantages to living on the farm, but this is pretty close to a food emergency!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah... if only I could share my chocolate (etc...) with you. I have way too much in the house. As I am joining the gym tomorrow, I doubt that consuming all of my stash (and it's a big one...), would be a good idea since one of the benefits I am aiming for is a lighter corporal load. Whether I get there or not is not yet certain... but there's hope.

Ken Horton said...

May I suggest cocoa, brown sugar and cold margarine? You could close your eyes and try to visualize that it's ice cream.

I'm trying to eat healthy. I'm doing pretty well, so that should make you feel worse. Not that I say many things to make you feel better.