My house is in disarray, as usual. Laundry room is still under construction - well, maybe it will finally be done after 3 years. Or is that 4? Dale is thinking I'm being mean, but no, really, it has been without a ceiling, for good reason, until this year. I hope. If the snow doesn't melt too fast.
I'm getting a dirty look.
I wanted a bathroom, I wanted a sauna. I'm just repeating the commentary here...maybe Dale should get his own blog...
But, really, we're trying to prioritize the renovations. I really do need an office. Smushed up beside the fridge is working for now, I'm able to manage here, but someday (preferably sooner than later) I will get a kitchen that isn't circa 1970. This space is going to be cabinets. And a space for my stoneware, I think - that isn't all planned out yet.
We could convert Dale's side of the garage (the woodshop) to my office. That would require taking out the overhead door, putting in windows, redoing the entire inside and probably residing the house. Oh, and building Dale a new woodshop. Awfully expensive for an office.
Since the 5th wheel is here for seasonal accommodation, the guest room could be made into a more temporary space, if it had a Murphy bed. But even then, the room isn't quite large enough to have all of my crap in it. And it is in the basement - not sure if I can work without my sunlight.
So, I'm off to ponder the location of my office further - at this rate, I'm going to be stuck in the garden shed.
Until then, I will enjoy my sunny spot, under my pile of junk, smushed up beside the fridge.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, rant mode switch is set to 1.
Wouldn't it be easier to build an extension? Or maybe this, porch in the front steps and use that 4'x4' space as your office. Eh? Eh?
I'm all for taking Dale's garage... I think that that would be the best location with the most space. Expensive, yes. But most necessary.
Post a Comment