Thursday, February 14, 2008

Getting Started

So my sister says "you need a blog". Why? I'm almost certain that no one will be interested in my little life. And to make matters worse, I live in perpetual fear of someone actually being interested and me grousing about them in a previous post. But here goes. Maybe this will improve my marriage/working relationship, as I will be able to send all of my weird thoughts into cyberspace instead of complaining at home.
Today - February 14th - what a day to start! I have no romantic bones in my body - my aforementioned sister calls it sang-froid, but I'm afraid it might be worse than that. I did used to be a sentimental type of kid, even cried a lot, but not so much these days. Maybe too busy, maybe I'm detached from everything out here. It will just be a normal day for me - except that I'll be going to my little girl's class party and then later tonight, I get to take my brownies to visit the senior citizen's home. The party will be interesting - it's a skating party, so of course, I'll put on my skates. Still love the ice after all these years - unfortunately, there are few opportunities (short of teaching other people's kids) to skate any more.
Public skating is weird to me - everyone going in circles, not even fast. A few kids with those pushy doey's (technical term for the ABS walker type pushers) being wandered behind by overprotective parents, or worse, just going freeform with them when they no longer need them. I know that I shouldn't hate those things that much, but I find it a little tough to change at my age...
Well, J - hope this works for you. I need to go finish sewing in ends on the afghan that my brownies created - well, they knit a few squares, and then moms, grandmas & one great-grandma did a whole whack of squares. I'm glad for the great-grandma that she has found another hobby, but the squares had to be little for my brownies to complete, so I have been crocheting these things together for ages. I'll be glad to see it donated today, and then I can move onto creative costume design for the skating iceshow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woo hoo. I am impressed. Really. Thank you for this. I have to say that I love the view from your kitchen... in many ways... and I think that this blog will help me, too, to follow what's going on beyond the "how's it going?". Don't be afraid about maligning anyone in your blog... I think that sometimes a blog is the one place where a person can really be real. To a certain extent :). I agree with you with regards to the ice frustrations. I think that those props should be done away with for good. Finally, Valentines day. I really haven't been into it in the past but I have to admit that this year, it has been way too much fun. The sugar cookies, the decorations, the fun with the girls, the fun with Nate's (and my) friends... but I am a sentimental type through and through. Why not cry? Hmmm... that is an interesting question...
Kudos, on the blog. I will be checking (brouh ha ha!!!).