So, this is the view from my kitchen today. Nothing. Beautiful speckled effect that you would find in a bathroom. I actually hope that a) the sun comes out or b) the weather gets warm, as I am home alone, with the car, not the truck.
I don't have to go anywhere today, but I do laugh about Dale taking the truck - he's curling in Brandon with some buddies this weekend, and apparently, had to take his vehicle. Never mind that I knew the freezing rain was coming and that I have our children to worry about - men need their trucks! Looks like they're getting more rain where he is anyway, I just hope the roads don't deteriorate before tomorrow. We have church tomorrow - Joey is getting her religion in life badge - she worked so hard for it, so we actually HAVE to go. Which reminds me, I need to dig those badges out and do certificates - wonder where I put that calligraphy pen?
The girls let me sleep in today - well, until 8. Nice of them, actually, they went downstairs and were playing (I suspect that the overly bouncy balls were involved - that's what I heard when I woke up.) But, at least it was bounce, bounce, bounce; not bounce, bounce, crash...there are a TV, a computer & halogen lights to break down there. Now they're making sandwiches out of cereal - who thinks of these things? Two flakes and a raisin - is that a sandwich, or just way too much work?
Joey is almost down from her sugar high. A lot of marshmallows, smarties & jujubes were brought in for 100 day, so they all had to be shared. 100 day - this is a new school event to me - marking the 100th day of school. The kids have to bring 100 things and they count them in groups. I think maybe it might be a teacher celebration - woohoo! We're over halfway! Only 84 more instructional days this year!
My angelic little girl took ... poker chips. She was looking around at her toys downstairs, and wouldn't you know it, she had 100 poker chips. Not sure if that is completely appropriate for grade one, but she insisted. We've had the chat with Joey about the addictive properties of gambling, I guess that is good. In the course of conversation, Granny's little lottery ticket habit was raised, so the very next time that Joey saw Granny, I heard my grandmother reincarnated. "Granny, you gammmbllle..." Same tone and everything. Had to giggle, but I think my poor mom was a little shocked.
Anyway, maybe I'll strap on the snowshoes in a bit & go take a walkabout. Need the snowshoes when we've had freezing rain, as they have lovely steel crampons on the bottoms to prevent too many falls. And maybe we'll get to that plus 3 high today, and my car wheels will melt and no longer be off balance and the freezing rain will subside. Here's hoping!
1 comment:
Loved this post... I don't know where I laughed more - the truck comment, cereal sandwiches, or the "gammmmbllle". Too funny. I like the 100 day idea. I should probably do something similar at Keyano with my ESL students. It's a bit different (semesters and all), but it might be worth a mini celebration (I can visualize the hootch coming out for coffee in Joey's school's staffroom.
Post a Comment