Tax time leads to a period of introspection and questioning.
Why, oh why, do I have T4's not matching my cheque stubs? They come from the same place. And why, when I call the government program office that has issued all of the above, does the lady on the other end of the phone treat me like a simpleton? Really, if you have two cheques, which total $564, why would you get a T4 for $508? Just wondering.
And why can whomever sits at the desk in Winnipeg where I send my cheques to pay my agricultural program fees on December 17th not manage to put those same cheques through a bank until January 7th?
Where did I file that charitable receipt I got in March?
And who invented an interest rebate? What a pain that is. We have interest levied on input accounts, and then, if you pay on time, they rebate the interest to a completely different figure. So if you are correctly adding on the interest each month, when you go and pay the bill, the number is just plain wrong. That's fun too!
I'm sure I will have forgotten something very important before we go to see the accountant - it is always something on the personal tax side - which always seems so funny. I can account for the thousands of dollars on the business side, but then my charitable donations will be off by $10. And it will bother me.
Oh well, I need to try and figure out whether or not I have finished accounting for another loan here - wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment