I woke up this morning grouchy. Typical - Charli had climbed in during the night. I never notice, just keep moving over until I have about six inches of bed and this little kid has most of the rest of the queen size. Dale moves over too - it is kind of a pity that neither of us wakes up, but even if we do, nothing much happens. Dale might leave, but Charlotte doesn't move, so I'm still left with that precious six inches.
And, unlike every other morning this weekend, I woke up to a) having to do laundry really quick before I have to scoot out to another volunteer opportunity; b) no coffee - Joey didn't make coffee this morning and c) someone sitting at "my" computer. I guess markets are open today. Who knew.
But, "my" computer. It sits at a small desk (it is bigger than before, however, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much) in my kitchen, covered with all the junk that no one knows where to put. I say it is "mine" because Dale has an expensive machine downstairs (that he had to have) and the kids have my old one, so by default, this one should be "mine." I know this is a problem with every couple, but why is it that men take over computers?
I have a routine here! I start my morning with my coffee, the news, my comic, my e-mail, and for the last few days, I've been posting here. But I don't want people looking over my shoulder, and there is little more annoying than "can I check my markets?" when I'm in the middle of a juicy facebook post. I think it is only going to get worse - the delayed quotes that Dale has relied on for years are going off line next week, and I'm not sure what he'll replace them with. Yes, we're pathetic. I'm looking at purchasing a PDA for the farm, that is a whole other post, but the thought is that we'll share it. I don't know, I'm beginning to think that I can't share well. Especially when he closes out things I'm reading - man, that is annoying! I learned a long time ago to SAVE everything before getting up from the computer.
Well, I should run, need to complete that laundry before I go. And besides, Dale needs the computer...
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brouh ha ha! It is so true. Men and technology. As you know, that book I took out of the library was fascinating for me. Really. I think you've hit on a few essential points that many of us struggle with. I can share many things, but my computer I cannot. I am so grateful that we now have dueling computers here in the main room - Arden on the desktop (which should be in the basement, but then I'd never see him) and me on the laptop. Strangely, my laptop still gets technonapped for his programs. Sigh. I don't think that the PDA will be truly yours... but maybe you could install a special locking mechanism on it... and then set up your security thus:
Login: L
Password: MINE
Post a Comment