Dale is still out as I'm writing, but after he finishes this piece (the monument), we should be 46%in. We'll have about 1/4 of the canola done - the Nexera specialty oil canola has gone in on the Tower quarter and on the half around Brian's. Now we're starting into the hybrid clearfield canola - that's going on the monument & Marion's. While he's seeding Marion's tomorrow, I'll go scout the fields that need to go to oats and see whether or not they're ready.
I have 4 days off of soccer. That is pretty cool - we were in Rossburn tonight (sorry dad, I even went early to check the Co-op, no pancake mix). Joelle's team didn't win tonight, which was fine. It was a good close game, and Joelle played well and a lot. And we were close enough to a playground that Charlotte had a good time too.
I'm tired the last few days. Very windy today, we're expecting worse tomorrow. I'd like to get more done in the garden, but it is rather ridiculous when you're chasing your seeds and anything that doesn't have a rock on it. I may plant some of my south facing beds - the wind is prevailing out of the north or northwest, so if I'm careful about how I put my cartons on, I should be able to get that done. But of course, Environment Canada has a forecast of 2 above for the next few nights, so maybe I won't.
I had thought about taking the girls for a paddle this weekend, but with this wind, forget that! I'd thought about putting up the tent - can't see that happening either. So, maybe I'll clean out the loose housing. Or get started, perhaps. At least that is sheltered...
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment