Saturday, May 3, 2008

Every once in a while, things are okay

Today was yet another runabout kind of day. I got the laundry done. I roto-tilled the perennials. I made good meals (corned beef on rye, toasted for lunch; barbequed steak, mushrooms, salad & rice for dinner). My parts run was looked after by the neighbour, however I still had to go back to try to find the parts, as they had been mislabeled. That only took two extra hours. But, I somehow managed to get the south windows on the house washed too!

Maybe things were okay because today finally had decent weather. Still a bit windy, but I only needed one jacket. And I got to go a whole day without long underwear. Wow - that is a sad statement on what can make me happy.

The best things, though, were the girls. Joelle took it upon herself to uproot all of last years (12' tall) sunflower stalks. Dale & I thought she couldn't do it, but she got the pitchfork out and did it all! She and Charlotte have now carried them off to the bush where they can decompose happily. And, for whatever reason, they decided that sweeping out the garage would be fun. So they did. Without even being asked.

They're out playing right now, but we'll finish sorting the laundry and put it away when they come back in. We shouldn't have to go out and get Dale tonight (I don't think), so I'm going to take the chance and give the girls a well deserved bath.

Wouldn't you know it though - today, when I feel pretty good, I stumbled upon this article - an interesting read about "running on fumes". Thought I'd share anyway.
http://www.forbes.com/2008/04/24/caffeine-nodoz-fatigue-ent-manage-cx_mf_0424runningonfumes.html

2 comments:

Ken Horton said...

Glad you had good weather and a nice day with the kids! Give them hugs from uncle Ken!

Unknown said...

Like the entry and the article. I needed that read, for sure. There's hope