Sunday, May 18, 2008

my blog helps with my senility

I know I'm not quite running on all cylinders right now, but I didn't realize it had gotten as bad as it has.

One of today's minor projects was removing a (very heavy) 30" or so diameter wagon wheel from the loose housing, hauling it over to my "herb" garden, digging a very large hole for its axle (that could have been cut off, if I wanted to wait for Dale to have time) and planting it in my garden.

I arranged it so that my chives and my garlic chives each take up one quarter of the wheel. Then I planted my basil in another quarter, and the dill in the final quarter. I surrounded the wheel with another wheel binder and planted my strawberries on the south side of that (to prevent inadvertent rototilling, as suggested by my mother-in-law). Thought I was all done, as of 4 p.m.

Nope. Senility starts early for me, apparently.
I forgot to plant my mother's day present. Discovered that as I'm reading back in my blog to journal my garden. I know that no one else cares about what I plant on each day, but by including it in my blog, I know when I put things in.

So, I just went out in the drizzle, in my pyjamas and rubber boots to go scrape out the dill seed (into the north side of the surrounding wheel - there was nothing there), replace the dirt with new dirt and plant my parsley. But, hey, what else would a good mom do?

I just hope that was all I forgot...

No comments: