This is family weekend number one. We're off to the lake to do the annual campout with Dale's side. The menu has been planned for a month, and I didn't do it, so that might give you some idea of the calibre of camping we're going for!
Just to save a bit of headache, I decided to take the kayak out last night. We can put the kayak on top of the van, hitch up the trailer and put the bikes on the back of it (yes, we do look like geeks, but hey, we can get everything there in one trip that way.) However, this camping spot is unique - I can't move the van much, which makes unloading the kayak tougher.
So, with a quick call to ask permission (we're not allowed to arrive before noon today - the grandparents want to make sure everything is "just so") we went to the lake.
Well, first the kids went wading. Fine. Then they got their pants a bit wet. Oh well. Then they went in up to their necks.
Twits.
Anyway, now I have a load of laundry on the line (grandpa's shirts included) to add to everything else I wanted to get done today.
I'm not entirely sure if the children are put on the earth to make me crazy, but it is working! The only bonus is that since Dale has his own sprayer this year, and won't have to haul water for the neighbour, I should actually have him there for the whole weekend.
Or else.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope you had a good time out there sis.
Not sure who will receive the punishment on the "or else", you or Dale...
Post a Comment