Tuesday, June 10, 2008

blue sticky stuff

Today is laundry day. I'm doing beds, which is getting to be quite the terrifying experience - I never know what I'm going to find when I strip Jo's bed. And the problem is, I can't just wait for her to do it - I do the beds whenever the weather is favourable, which is almost never on the weekends.

When I pulled her pillow case off this morning, I dumped out
- cereal. Dry, fortunately
- 2 books
- her diary
- beads
- pebbles
- other assorted detritus.

Last night, Jo complained that the fun-tak she had left on her lightswitch cover had disappeared. I thought I had taken that ball and added it to the large one I keep by my desk, but maybe not...

Somehow, I missed the wad of fun-tak in the pillow case. And the beads stuck to the pillowcase with the aforementioned fun-tak.

I use fun-tak as a stress ball - don't even know I'm doing it. It is relaxing like play-doh, but much easier to explain away when it sits next to the printer/on the printer/on my desk/on the counter...Some days though, it seems like it is everywhere. I use it a lot to hang up the artworks created by the younger set, and they seem to each have their stash of recycled stuff. Not usually a big deal, but sometimes I find it in the carpets (nasty) or on the bottom of slippers (really annoying when you stick to the floor).

I did not know that you could put it through a washing machine, however. I hope I never do that again - most of the residue seems to have come off the pillow case, I think.

I'm not worried though, 'cause now I have two stress balls - one is just a bit cleaner.

No comments: