Saturday, June 7, 2008

camping in the driveway

Today was one of those indecisive kind of days. Will it rain, or not? Will we get something done, or not? It was really too wet to garden, Dale did get some spraying done this evening, which was an unexpected surprise, and I tried to clean the camper.

Ever tried to rub grease off of mystery fabric? The stuff brushes up like hair if you use a stiff brush, a plastic one is completely ineffective and grease cleaner just makes it mat up like fur. I ended up using all three, then shaving the hair/fur off with a combination of paring knife, safety razor and razor blade.

I'm not even sure if it is even any cleaner! Dale says it smells cleaner (uh, that would be the bleach I used on the melamine surfaces or the ammonia on the floor) but there is no consensus on the tent cleanliness. I suppose that really doesn't matter - it is, by definition, a tent. So, it will, inevitably, be full of sand/grease/grime/dirt etc.

As soon as Dale brought the trailer up for me, he had two little "helpers" running around to try to set the thing up. Jo has now graduated to "velcro" while Char is still on "mats & cushions". I knew we weren't going to get away with setting up, cleaning & putting down, so now we are trying to move things out to the camper in preparation for the first sleep out of the year.

I took the girls for a drive today, just up to Lake Audy. Wanted to see how it looked, despite the National park rules that won't allow our little boat in the water. We'll have to take the kayak or the grandparents' boat, but maybe we'll get fishing there this summer.

In the meantime, I'll just be camping in the driveway. I'll be checking my e-mail if you need me...

No comments: