Wow. These last few days have been...hectic, to say the least. And these are the quiet ones. Tomorrow, Wednesday, I have 6 separate scheduled events on my calendar. Thursday I have four, as I have had to drop two due to conflicting times. Friday - just four, but one of them happens to take all weekend.
Monday should have been fine, but I ended up on a parts run to Brandon immediately following swimming. This after I finally managed to mow the house lawn/scout fields/water the garden/remove the last of the frost protectors and do the usual trips to various fields to help Dale move about.
Today, I took Charli to school, where I was "asked" to put my name down to bring a fruit tray or a dessert for Thursday's BBQ (one of the events that I won't actually be at, as I'm going to run with Jo during that time period.) Then I ran downtown (had no prior intention of shopping right then, but had to catch Nat while she was in) to order said fruit tray and all the produce necessary for this weekend's camp. And double check that there was nice lettuce for tomorrow's salad I have to make for the rink.
Then I booted home to scout fields (hour and a half job), got off the quad, got on the tractor, drove it home, started mowing, got called by the neighbour to get a part on the return trip to Shoal Lake, had the tractor choose to not start again, swore extremely loudly and profoundly, hopped in my car, and returned to get groceries/part/Charli.
Didn't even get through the grocery store before I was called for one more thing (defoamer). Got all the chores accomplished there, then drove home (quickly) to deliver defoamer. Checked the water tank - it was empty. Called neighbour to meet at well to deliver part, put Charli in the water truck, started out for well. Haven't hauled water before, but new part that I'd picked up Monday had caused lots of trouble during morning (Dale had lost time), so was just trying to make things a bit more efficient.
Got water hauled, put Charli in front of Discovery Kids with a bowl of cereal (her lunch), ran out to continue mowing. Completed mowing, drove Dale to quad, Dale drove quad across field, I picked him up, drove home, he went spraying, I got showered. Now 3 p.m. - off to swimming. Grabbed a caramilk (my lunch) and forgot to brush hair. Remember after picking up seven year old and going to the post office...
Swimming -good. Seven year old takes half hour to shower, husband calls one more time, cell phone dies (poor thing, overworked the battery), beg cashier to use phone, call husband, he needs gas for the pump. Race home, get gas for the pump, drive to field, drive home, start supper.
Thank goodness children can cook. We ate pretty well, considering. And now, to do the dishes, sweep the floor and get ready to start it all over tomorrow.
At least tomorrow supper is planned - we're at a farewell party in between soccer practice/swimming lessons/soccer games and all I have to do is pay $5 per person. I can manage that - best idea I've heard all day!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What, no time to blog this week. Linda....
Wow, I'm sure you're looking forward to a "vacation". At least you'll enjoy yours.
I'll be sure to stock the fridge with wine.
Post a Comment