One of the interesting things about my life is the lack of daily routine. I have a daily routine, it is just self-imposed. Usually, I wake up with the kids and get the eldest off to school, then check in on the finances, markets, weather and news online, then I get onto my daily tasks.
Most days that involves going to town at some point during the day. I do try to make myself a bit presentable to go get the mail/go to soccer practice/buy groceries/get parts etc. My hair needs work, I realize, so I'm often wearing it in a pony tail. With the wind this spring, that is an extremely practical hairdo. But, it does make me look a little severe. And, when you add the requisite jeans, sensible shoes and t-shirt (and most days, 2 jackets), my fashion sense is a bit...lacking.
So, I spend an extra two minutes on my face when I get dressed. Not much, I know, but just enough to throw on a bit of colour. Now some days, that really helps me feel better. Not sure if that makes me shallow, or overly picky about my appearance, or just colourful. But, it has become more of a habit.
However, some days, like today, when the routine gets thrown completely off by a kind husband who goes to town for me because he needs parts anyway, I end up putting on lipstick to mow the lawn. Which is just a bit crazy, like me and my life.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think it's fine that you want to get gussied up for chores. You should go for the evening gown, matching shoes, hairdo and then go out spraying.
I'm not making fun of you. I gel my hair, even on weekends. It's guy makeup, so it counts.
Post a Comment