I have known since March that June was going to be hell month. What I'm having trouble believing is that it is here already.
It goes without saying that this month is busy - we're
-doing soccer pretty much daily until the 20th,
-I'm taking first aid (again),
-school is silly with field trips and fun days and picnics and all the other filler activities that happen in June,
-we hope to pick up swimming lessons as soon as the pool opens (so the 16th to the 27th),
-Guide/Brownie Camp is happening, here, again
-windups for school, soccer and Guides all need to happen
-my aunt & uncle are coming for a visit, with stuff that they're leaving here
-we should be doing excavation & demolition to get ready for the summer construction
-all the crops need scouted and sprayed
and of course, the kids are pestering to go camping/fishing/anywhere.
I'm not sure if any month is quiet any more - I skipped one meeting when Mom & Dad were here and have ended up being secretary for that committee. Another committee is trying to organize a meeting - I get to be secretary for that one too, especially if I can't make it. Sometime the skating rink will have their meeting, which will lead to a skating club meeting, and I know I have two sets of books to get to audit.
I wonder where I'm supposed to squeeze that full-time job in? I'll just be really glad to get my laundry room cleaned out (yes, it will happen, somehow), perhaps I'll get that new GST number dealt with this quarter, and if I'm really lucky, I'll get the garden weeded. I find it so amazing that any mom can get anything done - I'm so exhausted climbing into bed, and my idea of luxury is making it there by 11:30.
I was thinking of reading a book called "The Ten Year Nap" about professional type women who took a break from their careers to have their kids. But then I realized that I don't read anything that I haven't read before because I haven't got the time. And, I'd have to buy a copy, which always leads to a bulk order from Chapters (and an hour or two in front of the computer trying to remember what else I need to get.)
I still read, it just happens to be Agatha Christie that I read in snippets in the sauna. The books are destroyed afterwards from the heat, of course, but I think the most pathetic part is that I can re-read mystery stories. Is that an extension of mommy amnesia? Will it ever get better?
Or is that the reason why I'm so over-programmed? Perhaps if I remembered how busy I was all year long, I would be able to rationalize more time off...
Maybe next year. I need to go make supper, again.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment