Grass is ris...
I wonder where the birdies is?
Ogden Nash?
Oh boy, all of a sudden we are into spring. How do I know? I spent my day gardening, watching the kids bike riding, doing up the winter laundry (only the parkas - everything else stays out for a month or two), putting laundry out on the line and trying to shift gears. Seasonally, I mean.
I didn't realize that the girls were so attached to their turtleneck sweaters. I got tears out of both of them when I went to put the winter sweaters away in the box. Maybe they know something I don't, but I need to put something away. It is kind of tough when you're tripping over all of the extra clothing that needs to be out for the seasonal transition and landing full out in a pile of mud, rocks or whatever other treasure has been brought in that day. So, putting things in boxes (not away, just in boxes) seems to be a good solution.
Dale was gone to an auction sale today (no, he didn't buy anything) leaving the girls and I to hang around here. Hanging around here is relative - I actually don't remember sitting down or reading or anything like that.
And tomorrow is another crazy day for Joelle (although I'm not sure she realizes the scope of it yet), and therefore, crazy for everyone else too. Joelle is singing in church in Hamiota tomorrow morning, then we'll come home, then she goes to sing at the festival final concert in Shoal Lake (her singing teacher is back, thank heavens, so I don't have to play the piano!) If we get out of the concert in time, both girls have soccer practice (Hamiota) mid-afternoon too. I can see a very sleepy girl when we get home from all that.
I think I'll head to bed - a little sore from the raking and digging (and yes, it had to be done today, things are sprouting like mad out here) and I get to drive around all day tomorrow.
So, if I forget to say it later, have a happy spring!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Spring to you, too. I have to start getting the spring cleaning done, too. Yikes. There's a lot more than raking (aka: dog poop to pick up in my front yard. ironic: I don't have a dog). What fun. Unfortunately, there's always too much to do. I'll never, ever catch up, will I?
Post a Comment