So, Thursday night, back from Sparks/Brownies/Guides. I went, with my two other Guiders, to Brandon last night for the Guider Appreciation Banquet. I knew I was all caught up on my awards since I got one last year. These awards are all kept very hush hush (although some of us who have been in for a VERY long time have a pretty good idea who is going to be getting one). The recognition letters are read out and the commissioners try not to name names until the very end - it's really cute to watch the recipient when they finally figure out that it is her service that is being appreciated. I had nominated two people - my District Commissioner, 'cause that is a horrible job and she's done it for 5 years despite commuting an hour every day for her job and not having any other ties (ie. kids) to Guiding. I also nominated Tracy. Poor girl. She told me that she wants me to write her resume, as I can make her sound so effective. I pointed out that I am not currently working for money...so, is that ironic enough?
Nope.
I nominated Tracy for her fabulous work with these lovely Sparks.
I did it again when the community of Hamiota sent out their biennial letters to ask for volunteers that deserve recognition. I nominated my other Guider Paula as well.
Before anyone suggests that I need to self-nominate, I have already been recognized - about 4 years ago. But, the truly ironic part is that after going through all the motions of writing letters nominating these great ladies, my co-leaders, for their volunteering - the recognition evening was tonight. Our regular meeting night. So, I got all of the wonderful little girls to myself - aren't I lucky?
13 kids. 5 with special needs. 2 of mine with clingy issues tonight. I gave up any chance of covering program - we did a conga line for 5 minutes. Then transitioned into a limbo line. We sang little green frog. We sang purple stew. We sang Ram-Sam-Sam. That covered off international dance & international singing (hey - Miami is international!)
And my co-leaders were enjoying dessert, a guest motivational speaker and recognition by the Lieutenant Governor.
That's ironic.
Music on my computer right now (yes, I'm too cheap to buy a MP3 player) - Point of Grace - How You Live - album reminds me of Wilson Phillips (but I bet I'm the only one who knows who that was - great harmony) Heard it on the satellite coming home on the country channel, but it sounds a lot like gospel pop to me. Have a listen if you get a chance.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry to break it to you, but Point of Grace IS Gospel Pop.
Try to enjoy it despite the knowledge.
Miss you sis!
Post a Comment