Well, almost.
We still have one more Spark/Brownie/Guide meeting to get through. That is Thursday. Then, I can officially say "Happy New Year!"
It is for us, anyway. We'll be starting our new crop year. This actually feels more like the new year than January 1st, or February 7th (Chinese new year), or even September 2nd (new school year). We're already getting set up - today I got to try to plan our input usage for the year. I prefer to do that after I have scouted the fields, but with inputs looking to be tight this year, we thought we'd better get our order in ahead of time to ensure that we have something!
I have already started on the parts runs. I will get to do another one tomorrow, but at least that is just to Brandon. Maybe I'll pick up a wine kit - more homemade inebriation for the summer!
I finished my final exam today for the accounting course I was taking. No idea how that went - I swear they put new stuff on there just to confuse me. It could be that I'm distracted at this time of year - I have new little plants to look after (yes, every window in the house has a flat of plants in it until I can get my cold-frame up.)
But maybe I'll take a bit of a break to try to figure out supper. Not a clue what we're having tonight - too windy to barbeque, half the family is sick with a cold and I just don't feel like cooking. I had a fasting blood test this morning and that messes with the metabolism just a bit. If I lived in town I would take the family out. Oh well, better come up with something here...
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy New Year to you! We're saying "Merry Christmas" around here, so I think we're in the same season for the most part.
How are your little seedlings doing? Ah, the spring season. Did I mention that I'm slightly green. (A propros for Earth Day). I'll take your wind over our snow anytime!) I'm sure you did wonderfully with your exam. What did you have for dinner afterall? Tell all, sis.
Post a Comment