Monday, November 17, 2008

feeling gutkicked

I had an awesome weekend. Quiet. We went on a Home Depot run. I ate at a restaurant (admittedly, I didn't eat a real meal - I had french toast. And water.) But things were good.

Which is why it sucked so badly that I woke up this morning feeling gut-kicked. No, no one actually touched me. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why I have a pain in my abdomen (completely different spot than my usual, which is still there, but eclipsed by this one since I'm trying not to irritate the one on my side.) Actually, it kind of feels like a muscle spasm. And that's how I'm treating it. Hopefully the muscle relaxant works - but it has been an hour now, and I'm not thinking it is.

I think I'll be spending tonight on the couch. It's less crowded than the bed - I always seem to wake up with less than a foot of bed - most days I estimate that I have a 9 inch wide space to sleep on. Not even the whole length of the bed, either. I find that my portion is somewhere in the middle of the bed - underneath the people (either Dale, or Charlotte, or both) who take up my pillow and above the cat who likes to take up the foot part.

So I don't think that anyone has done anything mean to me. But, the kids did watch Kung Fu Panda at school on Friday...maybe they were stealthy and got me while I was sleeping. Of course, with the little wee sliver of bed that I get to curl up on, the kids must have learned contortionism too...otherwise they never could have reached my tummy regions!

No comments: