On the plus side...I'm knitting again?
Today has been pretty well awful. Woke up sore and not wanting to be anywhere away from the potty. Which does not work well when the schedule is full of formal type activities.
Remembrance Day went pretty well, overall. Not very many kids, I must admit, but they were well behaved. And while I didn't play the movie that was slated for today, no one paid any attention anyway. The movie problem was that a VHS was scheduled - but the VHS & TV are in the hall. The hall had all of the tables and chairs set up for the luncheon following the service. So I wasn't going to try to navigate through that mess with an A/V cart - I just brought a movie from home. It didn't matter - everyone pretty much ignored the movie- they played games, did puzzles and made art.
We didn't stay for lunch. Jo wanted to, pretty badly, but I can't eat much of anything. So I went home, where at least I could find something that I wanted to eat. KD, anyone?
Then we went back in for the final festival concert. I had a few presentations to make (because I'm on the committee) and Joelle had to say her poem. Thankfully, the whole shenanigan was short.
I have contingency plans in place for the whole week just in case things don't go overly well with me. I think. Maybe I'd better just plan on being at things, even if I'm not one hundred percent. But, if I don't make all three Remembrance Day services, the sky won't fall. If I sit through most of the Guide meeting, well, it's badge evaluation. I should be able to sit. Skating - I might be able to get out of that. Although I have to be there anyway, and exercise puts the pain off for an hour or so. Maybe I won't worry about that as much.
But, I'm knitting again. Just working on a long unfinished object (UFO) - a sweater, for me. I think it will be nice. I don't feel up to doing a whole lot, so knitting fits my energy level. At least it is slightly productive?
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment