We had half a tenth of rain overnight. Ran until 2:30 a.m. and got a bit more done, so that was good, but have not been able to get back at it tonight.
That's okay. I have a bit of salsa to do.
Now, that picture was taken about twelve days ago. So, you can imagine what all is ripe now.
I did up two batches today. Just waiting for them to seal. Still have some stewed ones to do but I'm not starting anything now. Dale has gone out to "feel the swath". Not sure how this is going to go - if he decides to combine I will have a major shift of household to do. I'm somewhat prepared, but hesitate to do anymore towards that as it is really close to bedtime.
Anyway, while I was working on salsa today, Char decided that she needed to have a desk. So she made one.
After I took the picture, Char proceeded to embellish her desk. She needed more space (oh, what a surprise!) She gathered things up from downstairs that she needed to work, and borrowed a few things from me.
By the time I had finished up chopping more tomatoes, the "desk" looked like this:
I'm a little creeped out. She has mini-wheats. She has a coffee cup, my stapler, has used another coffee cup to hold scissors (guilty), borrowed my picture, picked up my sticky notes and has annexed both my stool and my chair for her "stuff". If you could see under the stool, there is still a box of books there.
By the time the salsa was done she had brought up a stacking stool as well. She had more room than I do!
And, while I hesitate to draw too many comparisons (maybe she was just trying to be cute), did you see the stress ball she put on the side of the fridge?
I guess she has a good imagination. But somehow, this is still a bit disturbing. Perhaps I need to set a better example...but then again, a messy, eclectic desk would not be a bad thing for a creative child like Char.
Anyway, big thank yous to Mom & Dad for spending the last little while out here keeping the household going while I am the trucker. We appreciate the help more than you know. However, the reading of three bedtime stories each night...not so much. I just got told that "Granny read all of that..." Poor little kid, she's back down to one tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment