Sunday, September 7, 2008

retail therapy

I generally don't subscribe to the idea of retail therapy. I have trouble believing that spending money will help me feel better.

But today, I'm a convert. Going to Brandon to spend a little money that I don't have to fill a few holes.

Yesterday was a totally crappy day. I was trying to organize a fall session for skating and as such, phoned the coach to let her know where things were at. She was having a horrible day - one of the thirteen year old skaters that she coached (and had been coming to this fall session we're trying to run) had passed away unexpectedly at home the previous night.

Whoa. I phoned a few of the ladies from around here who would have had girls who skated with this little girl but then, I couldn't do much more. My day had been planned to phone all of the skaters to line them up for the fall session - and since everyone will know this girl, all attendance is up in the air. So keeping busy with that was out of the question.

And keeping busy with harvest is out of the question - it keeps raining. The stress is kind of getting to me. So then I thought I would cook. And my waffle iron broke down. And my waffle batter stuck to the frying pan because it is not good pancake batter. That was when I got my sister to take over in the kitchen and I gave up.

I'm also on a diet these days - have to give some "fun" samples for the lab, so I'm preparing for that. I've had some pain in my side for a while, but it is getting worse, so I'm trying to minimize that with a softer (less fibre filled) diet - that is tough when Mini Wheats and dried apples are my favourite snacks.

I can't really start any projects - we live in limbo waiting for the weather to change and I don't want to start into anything that I can't drop at a moments notice.

So perhaps I'll go buy myself an iPod, and get out and exercise. Or maybe a new waffle iron will help in my quest to feed the world.

But no matter what, I sure hope to get harvesting soon. Otherwise, it is bound to cost a good chunk of change!

No comments: