Thursday, September 25, 2008

wait. wait. wait. wait. wait. Okay, go. No, wait.

I'd better start by saying that I do love harvest. I can think of many reasons why I do, but right now, I'm frustrated.

All "backups" get frustrated. I mean, I have to be on call at a moments notice, so I can't start anything that I can't jump up from. My kids have no routine - currently they're going to Grandma's - maybe. I don't even know if I should be making supper. We have to call the bus driver at night to tell him where the children are so he can pick them up the next morning. And then last night, I probably could have taken them home, but I wasn't going to disappoint two little girls who have their hearts set on a sleepover.

Yesterday I was in the middle of trying to stew tomatoes when the call came. Threw the lid on the pot and finished those up around 1 a.m. I really can't start a darned thing!

So, I'm dressed for harvest, but could run to the soccer pitch if I don't have to truck. Probably not adequately attired for either. And if I do have to do soccer, the kids will be fed frozen pizza. Because I won't have much more notice than that. If I lived closer to a McDonalds, tonight would be a happy meal kind of night. Since nothing is definite, I'll leave the suitcase at Grandma's until 8 p.m. - hopefully we can make a decision by that point.

But, I suppose I'd better head out to the field. I have to be out there, but still have Charli on board - will have to run home really quickly and drop her off if I'm trucking. If I'm not, she's just hanging out with me until I have to run to grandma's and pick Jo up off the bus. It was just easier to send the bus there - since I don't know where I'll be, yet.

No comments: