The amitriptyline worked, it always does. Pity about the hangover headache, but that is the price I pay for actually being able to absorb food.
That leads me to my next problem. Tomatoes. I suffer with this every year. Every year I plant fewer and fewer plants, yet I still have tomatoes to deal with.
This year they are rotting - literally. Late Blight is a problem with anything we picked after the first go (the one where everyone thought I was crazy, picking the green tomatoes well before the frosts). The hubby says they taste...tasteless. So I'm reluctant to go to all the trouble of canning them or turning them into salsa.
But, I think to myself, what else is there to do with them? I don't eat tomatoes, except for the very rare bit of pizza sauce that I allow myself. I even eat my spaghetti with parmesan cheese. Yes, I miss tomatoes. Not enough to put up with the cramps or the craps, but I do miss them.
So, I guess I'd better get it in gear and get working on these lovely things. Perhaps I'll recruit the children - lengthens the process by about three times, but it does make it more interesting. And theoretically, they're learning something.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment