Sunday, September 26, 2010

strategies

Woke up in a good mood today.  That was quickly tempered by my dh's "hesitant" mood.   I'm about ready to freak.

See, the forecast is good.  And I don't believe them.  Not for a second.  They're only right when it rains...which has been something like 100 out of the last 115 days.

And the grain is still tough.  Actually,it is damp.  Of course, it was tested WAY too early this morning, and my sheets that I put out dripping at 11:15 are dry and on the beds by 1:30.  However, I digress.


I am not combining, and I'm going crazy.  I do NOT idle well.

But there is nothing that I can do.  DH took the swather out to open up the oats.  He may continue on those, although dfil wants to cut them with the pull-type.  And I said "let him".  Actually, I probably said "f-in well let him" - potty mouth being one of my coping strategies.

My canning is caught up.  I have washed the bedding today.  I am so caught up on laundry it is scary.  I will wash my kitchen floor for the third time this week.  My walls are clean.  I have read books.  My office is still a mess, but I have to have something to do when the 'rents arrive to take care of the kids.  So the cleaning coping strategy is out.

My canning room is organized to the point of labelled shelves.  Jo and I built a shelf last night, to further aid in the organization.   I'm organized to death.


I'm out of snack baggies, so I can't continue parcelling out bulk food into snack containers.  Actually, I probably could, but then someone would need a little container for leftovers or lunch and we would not have any and I'd be in trouble.

So, please excuse me while I go outside and till the garden - again.  There is simply nothing better to do, no matter how hard I try.





No comments: