Everybody gets those earworms. I have one, despite the fact that I haven't heard the song in...almost 10 months.
It seems a real crime when all that goes through my head in this lovely autumn weather is a Christmas song. Specifically, 'White Christmas'
If you ever had to sing the song all the way through, you would know that the introduction goes: "the sun is shining, the grass is green..." Ah, what a wonderful image.
But, seriously, the grass could die now. Really, I need it to die. DH took care of the house yard and I'm hoping that dad will manage the barnyard mowing this week. Otherwise it has been an interminable summer of riding the lawnmower in circles around here, pushing the lawnmower at the lake and staring at grass that won't stop growing.
Perhaps I don't appreciate mowing the lawn because I don't really have to shovel snow. It either blows away in our mighty winds or falls in such quantities that heavy equipment is required to get rid of it. So, I am dreaming of a White Christmas, but it is a distant dream. My current dream goes something like hot, dry and windy...for the next month at least. And the grass...well, it can do what it wants.
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have been thoroughly enjoying your return to posting... my tomatoes did the same thing this year at the CG but I don't face the same canning woes. Also loved the English issues - I, too, face them with N. My favourite line was about your hair... I can completely relate.
Post a Comment