I think I might have a summer cold. Or maybe my extremely erratic allergies have popped up in response to goldenrod/grain bin dust/unknown air thingies.
Nonetheless, I'm a little miserable. Had that painful postnasal drip thing that makes me wonder if people who have their adenoids ever have to suffer with that. And a stuffy nose. And I'm freezing cold, although that may or may not be an indication of illness. It was slightly ridiculous when I had to wear a sweater, long pants and fuzzy slippers today, being as it is 30 degrees (finally).
So, since I had to go to Shoal Lake for parts anyway (a gas cap. I could even replace that part when I got home!), I went to the drugstore and loaded up on nice pharmaceutical products to get me through this nasty cold/allergy - who cares which, I don't have time for it right now.
I bought the Advil Cold & Sinus Plus...since this might be my allergies. I take Advil Cold & Sinus regular most of the time, and it works quite well, no side-effects. But the Antihistamine in the other one seems to be related to a nice long sleep. You get clearer sinuses Plus a half hour nap too!
Wow, a fuzzy nap hasn't happened in a long time. Fortunately the children did not choose that particular moment to have a dispute/wreck my house/cause any other disasters. And I don't have to drive anywhere this evening, so far as I know.
The only bad thing...the weather is supposed to turn ugly again really soon. So I should have been outside enjoying the day. But, we can't seem to convince the kids that they belong outside, so I guess I didn't lose too much.
On the farm, we're waiting to start swathing the barley. The nasty weather involves two different forecasts of 100% p.o.p. on Friday. While that usually suggests sunglasses (as they are never both right) there are a few finishing touches to do on the swathers themselves. We have another crew in the yard these days too - the floor guys are here and apparently plan to pour concrete on Tuesday.
At least I picked up a few things at the store, so I'm not behind on dinner. But I'd better get that started. I'll be watching the sharp knives, though...still a wee bit fuzzy!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
At least YOU didn't take the nightime sinus pills thinking they were daytime. I nearly fell off the kitchen chair at breakfast and spend the rest of the day unconscious on your couch.
Hope you can still count to 10.
Post a Comment