Saturday, August 2, 2008

rain, rain, go away

Come again...in October. Late, late, october. Like Halloween.

What a lovely day. It is raining, with a wind (which is bad, as it will push our crops flat to the ground and make it difficult to swath.) It is my anniversary. I had planned pork tenderloin on the grill, with garden veggies. Now I'll need hipwaders. Or a menu change.

The thunderstorm going on right now is not scary, but is really, really loud. Our business is so related to the weather that we're very conscious of every change. However this summer has not been a summer. Spring. It has been spring for the last three months.

The girls and I picked beans last night - first picking of those, mostly for mixed vegetables. We picked the last picking of peas. I still need to get carrots, but that isn't going to happen today now, which is a little frustrating. I'll just put down little packages and wait until I can get to the garden to find the carrots, process them and throw them in on top.

So, we'll spend our anniversary cleaning the house (needs done, this is the last chance before harvest). And hopefully, sometime, the sun will come out.

No comments: