As time passes I'm noticing that things that weren't *my job* are now becoming *my job*.
Case in point - hauling water. Formerly not my job. Usually relegated to a "grandpa" job - one that requires a good amount of experience but minimal heavy lifting.
But lately, while I have houseguests (that I am enjoying), my garden is coming in and I'm exhausted from far too much driving in far too little time, hauling water has been my job.
First, it was just hauling it a bit. Okay. It is essentially just a standard truck, so I could do that. Then, a little longer, but all forwards. Fine. Now I have progressed to turning around. My girlfriend informs me that she won't learn to do that, but she has the benefit/burden of a hired man. I, on the other hand, have learned how to back up a gooseneck trailer with a truck with a short wheelbase. Still don't like to do it with witnesses, but that's typical for me.
I always wonder what I'm going to learn next. Well, better scoot - I'll have to go run the truck again soon!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment