Wednesday, May 20, 2009

farm kids

It is spring time despite the frost warnings, so the little baby animals are out and about. This brings a great deal of delight to my little girls' lives.

Trips to take coffee to the tractor, or to soccer practice, or to the lake are punctuated by "look at the adorable little calf", "I think the white one is soooooo cute", "oh, that foal is just so sweet" etc., etc.

I'm trying to keep things real with the girls. It is a survival mechanism to avoid the pony. Ponies are not inevitable, no matter what the neighbours say.

Anyway, while the girls were gushing over the new calves while we drove by Desrochers this evening, I asked them if they realized that the cute little calves turned into big, ugly cows.

From the back seat, my youngest replied "yes, but that's okay because then the big, ugly cows get together and have babies and then there are more cute little calves."

Wonder if I need to have a chat with the Kindergarten teacher...there are a lot of new baby siblings in the K class this year, and it sounds like perhaps the little people have figured it all out. Or maybe it just comes with being a farm kid.

No comments: