I don't care about the "extra" instructional time that town kids receive - they don't. There is no extra time - it is play time. I just think that in a rural division (we have six buses lined up end to end on a slow day) that no one should be forced to travel/walk on days when it is too cold for the diesels to run or too nasty on the highways for the buses to be safe.
I won't take my kids to school for that very reason - my own little protest. Today, I don't have to make the choice. The school division actually closed the schools. I think it has happened once before in the three years we've been listening.
Why? It's dicey out there. Men's league curling ran last night - Dale left the club early after a friendly neighbourhood constable (no, really, he is friendly) stopped by and said the roads were closed (they weren't, they should have been, Darcy just wanted to keep the guys safe.) It took him forty minutes to get home. On the gravel.
This morning it is all covered with a new, fresh blanket of snow. Which is treacherous in itself.
The highway information map is out of commission - I suspect it overloaded as yesterday it took a long time to load. But the text reports still show our major highways as closed. And more snow is forecast for today and tomorrow.
Doesn't matter though - Dale tells me I'm not going anywhere - Jo was supposed to get her new dental spacer put in today - we'll just have to reschedule. Hopefully the assistant who was supposed to put it in stays home - she's only got an hour drive...
No comments:
Post a Comment