You know the songs that get stuck in your head - ear worms? I have a knit worm.
This particular knit worm is a hat. Often seems to be a hat - I think it is because I can make them in a few days. I won't be able to get rid of this knit worm until the finished product is ready.
Here's the problem - I think I messed up 12 rows ago. But I can't pick it back (tink, frog) because I need to keep going to get the pattern out.
If I don't get the pattern out of my head and on to the needles, it will bug me to the point that I can't do other things. Dishes will rot in the sink. Business won't get done.
I've tried sketching out the pattern. That doesn't seem to work. Until this hat is made, I'm stuck. And, the longer it sits in my head, the more complicated things become - it's already on it's fourth or fifth incarnation.
So, if I have messed up incurably 12 rows ago, this one will go to charity and I'll make another. But maybe it will be one of those mistakes that actually adds character and I'll keep it. Won't know until it's done...
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment