Monday, January 12, 2009

eating rice with chopsticks

I'm driving the people around me nuts. In return, they do things to annoy me.

I have an excuse, however. I'm a bit nervous about my upcoming tests, uncomfortable because of the last batch and ornery because I've had to be off my iron for a few days now. So, I've been doing what any "normal" person would do and been trying to keep busy. And keep my mind off the lengthy probe that is going to go up and down my digestive tract on Wednesday.

So, I started planning stuff for Brownies. Okay - this is future (February) stuff. But my other Guiders are still working on the Winter camp for this weekend - I think that will be a piece of cake - they're doing it for the first time. So I'm driving them nuts by planning events too far ahead. Problem is, I have to have the paperwork done right away if we want to hold this February event. At any rate, they're driving me nuts by not confirming whether we're doing the February thing or not.

Skating is driving me batty, of course - I'm trying to keep the books in order and have realized that the numbers we have are not going to be enough to pay for the ice time we want. I'm trying to figure out where the club needs to go. But, I can't convince the co-presidents to have a meeting - we've had one. Since August. And I called it.

I defrosted the freezer on my frost-free fridge. Again. Shouldn't have to do that. But, the Chinese vegetables were frozen in a large puddle of ice so we had to have Chinese last night after it thawed. And deer sausage for a snack. And berries for dessert. Fine, I thought, but it must have been a strange combination.

Either that or the fact that I completely redesigned the future kitchen (on the computer - I didn't buy anything!) bothered my husband. Dale decided to retaliate by setting the table with chopsticks. Now, I can eat rice. Eating rice off a plate with chopsticks when you're only able to eat rice is miserable. I wanted every single grain of that rice. And got crampier and felt less like eating with each second that elapsed. It was nasty torture.

But, not as much torture as tomorrow will be. As of midnight I'm on a clear fluid diet. I have made three batches of jello. One of them is "Margarita" flavoured - it doesn't look completely clear, but it is jello so it must be okay. I found clear Boost Juice - it will probably be totally vile - comes in peach, wild berry and orange flavours, but hey, I guess it is nutrition.

I hate broth. I hate apple juice. Popsicles make me cold. Salt makes me gag. I have cranberry juice (yuck), kool-aid (ick) and white grape juice (cloyingly sweet) on hand. Thank God they're not taking away my coffee - I can have as much of it and tea, as long as I don't put milk in it (as if I have since I was six) as I want until 6:15 a.m. Wednesday morning.

Anyway, I'm off to drink some nice white wine (all by myself, because I only have 3 hours and 52 minutes left and I'm not waiting for Dale to return from curling), eat Activia yogourt (the closest thing to ice cream that I tolerate) and read Dave Barry's take on colonscopy:

My Colonoscopy by Dave Barry

No comments: