Wednesday, October 8, 2008

transitioning into real life

We finished combining on Saturday. From Saturday onwards I have somehow managed to
  1. Take a Guide training
  2. Go to a festival meeting and write up all the minutes
  3. Redo the entire figure skating budget
  4. Apply for harvest advance programs
  5. volunteer for the elementary school "learn to speak french" leisure club
  6. move all of my peonies, bag up most of my lily bulbs
  7. do up 7 quarts of spaghetti sauce, 12 quarts of stewed tomatoes and 7 quarts of canned tomatoes (with Dale's help)
  8. do the laundry, try to catch up with my kitchen
  9. not submit anything to my blog
Sorry. Actually, at least the list looks like I have done something, so maybe I'm not that sorry.

I had planned on writing something witty today, but honestly, it's just one of those days. Had to send out the corrections to the minutes. Had to talk to the skating coach for an hour and a half (I think. Probably longer.) Needed to organize an executive meeting for figure skating to discuss expanding the budget, schedule a planning meeting for the Spark/Brownie/Guide leaders and now the school just called to let me know that Jo says she's not feeling well.

That could just be our bus issue, again. Seems to be a bit better on Kindergarten days, even though I don't think that Char is anywhere near where the older kids are. I can't even say it is one kid in particular since the grade two girls seem to have formed a "spy" club (or something) complete with codes and messages. It is just too bad that it is such a long ride on the bus - it might not be so bad if they only had to spend 15 minutes together.

Anyway, I'm back. I will find my desk, someday. And someday later, I will move it. But we're "not starting anything inside until the snow flies" so it will be a while. And perhaps, sometime, we'll get our provincial electrical company to come out and connect our power to the shop. The wires are laid, most of the lights etc. are in, but the wire can't be connected until the transformer is moved. Doubt it will be today, as we've had periodic power outages all day. I'd better post this before the next one!

Fortunately some of our grain deliveries are coming together. Providing that the snow stays away, we'll move piles (literally) of oats starting next Tuesday, and wheat will be heading to Forrest then too. Not sure when we'll get off the farm to vote...

So, please excuse the sporadic posts while I slide into my other life. It seems rather dull compared to busy time, but I'm not sure that it is much less busy.

No comments: