Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I don't want to work...

I just want to bang on my drum all day (or something like that...right?)

Yup, I'm procrastinating. Well, I have tried to do some things today. I have phoned people (and left messages, or had to let them go because I got beeped in on, or had to let them go because they were so busy...) I have done lots of little tasks for skating and festival and Guides today. I have checked out my finances, purchased some more necessities, gone to the post office, filled the car with gas and done my civic duty and voted.

But, it is cold. I am cold. I don't want to turn up the heat as then the rest of the house will complain that they are too warm. It is still nasty out - the wind is chilly and it has blown most of the leaves off of the trees - it makes the landscape barren. The snow didn't melt until 11 or so on my front lawn. And it is gray...and very, very mucky. I'm hoping someday to be able to wash my car. There is no point right now - it is the same colour as the truck. That's why we bought a truck that colour, and I would consider the same shade for any vehicle and most of my children's outerwear. But my car will eventually need to be dug out from under the multiple layers of dirt...and I'm not looking forward to doing that little chore!

Took out the winter boots last night and put away the sandals. After the four pairs of summer footwear that my youngest wants to send north were removed from it, there is actually a bit of room in the tub right now. And I'm working on putting the "seasonal" clothing back into rotation. Fleece and turtlenecks aren't necessary during the afternoon, but winter skating season is starting next week, so they might as well be out. Still need to check out the skates and helmet for Char this week - Jo's are in for sharpening already.

And, you can tell the seasons are changing because we're almost out of tomatoes (fresh.) There are still five or six flats of them in the breezeway, but there is more summer type stuff that needs to be put away in the breezeway than there are tomatoes. So we're almost out of the canning season too.

But I guess I knew the seasons were changing when I visited Canadian Tire yesterday to try to buy a "deck box" - you know, one of those huge plastic containers. I was going to use it to get some of my cover blankets out of my garden shed so I could actually fit tools in my garden shed. However, when I went to the aisle that has had these items in it for months, all I could find were Christmas trees and shiny red bows. And yesterday, officially, was Thanksgiving. Haven't even got through Halloween yet. Maybe I could understand if it were an American retailer...but Canadian Tire? At least they weren't playing Christmas muzak...I would have had to run screaming from the store!

Hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving anyway...

No comments: