Thursday, November 4, 2010

could I have more time, please?

November is here.  That usually means that winter activities are in full force.  They are...all three of us girls will be skating today (we're short CanSkate instructors) and Dale has already curled twice this week. 
Speech festival was Tuesday - the girls did really well, as usual.  Charlotte won the Poetry Trophy, beating Joelle (and the other 4 kids who entered) but we don't have time to get to the final concert tonight for her to claim it.  I'll pick it up tomorrow, I guess.
To"day" (before 2:30) includes usual craziness like getting the kitty to the vet, trying to get ready for meetings that I have in Brandon tomorrow and the next day, wrapping the present for Charlotte to take to a birthday party tomorrow, grocery shopping oh, and now I have to run a pair of shoes to school as someone forgot to put them in her bookbag!  I also planned on taking the carrots out of the lake fridge (and getting some of them distributed), getting gas (the station in Hamiota is closed this week, so that is actually hard), trying to catch up on this kitchen...
The kitchen.  Ugh.  Yes, I know, I have been complaining for an awfully long time.  And apparently, it will happen.  The oven calved last night...fortunately Dale was able to fiddle and play and make it work again.  We think.  He has no idea what he did.  All I know is that my chicken was stone cold after 2 hours at 350...so it was cooked in the slow cooker and "supper" was ready last night at 10 p.m.
The dishwasher is sporadic.  The cupboard doors are literally falling off their hinges.  I really hadn't planned on having to replace everything at once, but it looks like I might have to.
The problem is, I need to get started with this renovation.  I am well aware that it will take three times as long as I think it will...so I'm getting nervous.  Dale has a lot to do outside while the weather is nice-ish, so he's busy.  I don't think I'm allowed to buy a floor without his looking at it, and I'm booked every other day for the next two weeks.  At least.  I haven't looked past the parent-teacher day in the middle of the month.  I have no idea when I'll squeeze a trip, with Dale, to the floor store in St. Lazare.  It was complicated to get to Brandon for two hours yesterday to replace cell phones!  And unfortunately, the floor has to be figured out absolutely first.
Then we need to get to Winnipeg for tools etc.  Yikes.  I have no idea how or even if that is possible.  Perhaps Dale will have to go on his own.
I would like to have some more time.  Maybe another month - completely unbooked.  Delegating this just won't work and there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.
Maybe I really should look at that cloning thing.

2 comments:

Lois said...

Maybe we can help you with the girls so you can get to St. Lazare and Winnipeg - have a few weeks before we go again.

Unknown said...

Hmmm... cloning. I like it. Perhaps if we were able to self-replicate we'd really get things done. Or maybe we'd take on more simply because we were replicated. Love the idea of your new kitchen, though... that will be awesome!